CHINA: THE CHINESE ZODIAC
In the past, many Chinese believed that the zodiac sign under which they were born would determine their destiny and personality. There are 12 signs which rotate every 12 years. According to the zodiac, one should marry someone 4 years younger or older but never someone 6 years younger or older.
These are the 12 signs and one year listed for each. Use this information to answer the questions that follow.
BOAR-Boars are warriors. They are chivalrous and tend
to make lifelong friendships. 1971
1. Ma-Lin will be 15 years old in 2001. Under what sign was she born? ____________________
2. According to Chinese beliefs, should she marry someone born in the sign of the Monkey?__________ Justify your answer.
3. Caryl's grandmother celebrated her 70th birthday in the year 2000. This was the year of the Dragon. Under which sign was she born?_______________
4. If you subscribed to the zodiac signs, would you expect someone born in 1996 to be selfish, intelligent, or honest? Explain your answer.
5. When will the next year of the Ox be? __________________
6. When was the last year of the Goat? ________________
7. These are the ages of 6 people. Match each person with the other person born under the same sign.
8. Tiger Woods was born in 1975. Under what zodiac sign was he born? _________ What will be the next year for that sign? __________________________