The Munich Oktoberfest is the biggest public festival in the world. In 2001, it will be held for the 168th time. Since 1971, about 6,000,000 people a year have visited the festival. There are all kinds of rides, concerts, food, and other fun things to do.
1. When was the first Oktoberfest?
2. How many people have attended since 1971? Express this in scientific notation and standard form.
3. Look at this chart. Find the average number of chicken pieces eaten. Find the average number of pork sausages eaten.
4. Make a bar graph to show the number of chicken pieces eaten.
5. Make a line graph to show the number of pork sausages eaten.
6. There are about 1500 toilets for visitors to use. About how many people is that per toilet?
7. Approximately 1.4 billion DM are spent during the 16 days of the
festival. How much is that per day in dollars and DM?