UNITED KINGDOM: DOGS
Dogs have been a part of British society for generations. Many
different breeds originationed in the United Kingdom. Here is a sampling
of some of these breeds.
1. What is the average height, weight, and life span for each breed?
2. After you have done that, make a bar graph for the height of each breed.
3. Now make a line graph for the weights of each breed.
4. The Westminster Kennel Dog Show originated in Great Britain. Now it takes place here in the United States in New York City. Suppose you were going to the dog show for the 2 days that it goes on. Tickets are $42 for the general admission for the 2 days or $32 for each day. How much would it cost for a family of 4 to go for the 2 days? How much would you save by buying the 2 day pass instead of purchasing each day?
5. Look at the life spans of the different breeds. What factors
do you think determine how long a dog lives?