- a. A snowflake has 6 sides. What is that shape
b. If 1 inch of rain equals 1 foot of snow, how much rain
would it take to make 16 inches of snow?
- It is 7 degrees below zero in Alaska and 28 degrees
above zero here. How much warmer is it here? Write an
- It snowed and Bobby had to shovel for his parents. It
took 30 minutes to do the steps, 45 minutes to do the path,
and one hour to do the driveway. How long did he shovel?
Write it in time and as a fraction.
- If he gets paid $3.75 an hour by his parents to shovel,
how much did he make? His neighbor (who has the same amount
to shovel) wants him to do the same job, but will pay $4.75
per hour. How much money will he make for both? How much
more did he make working for his neighbor?
- There are 6.2 X 1010 snowflakes that filled a
bucket. How many is that in standard form?
- K-Mart sells shovels and brooms to clean up the snow.
There are 175 shovels and 100 brooms. Write a ratio of
shovels to brooms. Don't forget to simplify.
- We had a snow day! It was too windy to go out and play
just yet so Jen and Sue decided to watch cartoons. There
were 3 different ones on at 9:00, 4 at 9:30, and 2 at 10:00.
How many different combinations of cartoons could they
- Tim, Chris, Dan, Robert and Jimmy raced their sleds. Dan
came in ahead of Chris. Robert came in last. Tim and Jimmy
came in ahead of Robert but behind Chris in alphabetical
order. Who won? List the order.
- The schoolyard is approximately 100 yards by 150 yards.
What is the area? If a plowing company charges $10 per 100
square yards, how much will it cost to plow the yard?
- Here are the highs and lows for a week in January. Make
a bar graph for the highs and a line graph for the lows.
Don't forget labels.
Back to Puzzling and