Merry Christmas Math Problems
- If candy canes cost .89 a dozen, how much would it cost
to buy candy canes for a school with 400 students?
- Macy's has hired 400 store Santas. If each Santa sees
125 children a day for 30 days, how many children are seen
by Macy's Santas?
- One group of carolers goes to every 6th house in a
neighborhood, another goes to every 8th house. At which
house will they first meet?
- Mr. Green is putting lights around 8 windows; each
window is 3 and 1/2 feet wide and 5 feet long. How many feet
of lights does he need?
- 10 elves each made 10 xylophones. Each xylophone had 10
keys. They did this for 10 days. How many keys were made by
elves? Show in exponential form and solve.
- Each batch of 48 cookies that Amy makes takes 20 minutes
in the oven. If the oven is on for 3 hours and 55 minutes
(15 minutes for preheating), how many cookies did Amy make?
- Beth is making gingerbread men. She uses 2 raisins for
eyes and 3 raisins for buttons for each gingerbread man. She
buys 4 boxes of raisins, each with 120 raisins in it. How
many dozens of gingerbread men can she make?
- Brian wants a 7 and 1/2 foot Christmas tree. Which of
these trees is a better buy? Explain.
A.) All trees $42
B.) $6 a foot
C.) First 4 feet $22; each additional foot $6
- K-Mart is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to
midnight and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. How many hours
is it open in one week?
- Each large roll of ribbon has 20 yards. Each package
takes 3 feet of ribbon. How many packages can be wrapped?
Christmas Math Solutions
Back to Puzzling and