How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Pat has planted 120 plants in her garden: 40 pansies, 20
zinnias, 30 daisies, and 30 snapdragons. Make a circle graph
to show this.
- How much fencing is needed for a garden with an area of
110 square feet and a width of 10 feet?
- The dimensions of Alex's garden are 6 feet X 9 feet. How
many plants will she need if she plants one in the middle of
each square foot?
- Amy plants her flowers on May 12. She plans on feeding
them with Miracle Grow every 10 days. She wants to put on
her calendar the days that she should do this. What are the
next 6 dates?
- Frank likes to preserve his fresh vegetables in jars for
winter use. He wants to make 5 quart jars of each vegetable.
How many pounds of each will he need?
Beans: 1 and 3/4 pounds per quart
Beets: 2 and 3/4 pounds per quart
Squash: 2 pounds per quart
Sweet potatoes: 2 and 1/2 pounds per quart
- Geraniums are $2.95 each. How much will 5 plants cost?
(include 7% sales tax.)
- Terry is selling plants from her garden. Buy 3/$4.50 and
get one free. Mrs. Greenthumb wants 20 plants; how much will
How many plants would you get for $27?
- Mr. Roberts complains that for every 3 plants he puts
in, the rabbits eat one of them. If Mr. Roberts is right and
he ends up with 48 plants, how many have the rabbits eaten?
Use the chart to answer these
- Jan has 3 kinds of bulbs to plant: Dutch hyacinth,
daffodil, and grape hyacinth. Tell the order that they
should be planted.
_______ kinds of bulbs are planted at 8 inches.
Tulips are planted _______ inches deeper than botanical
A bulb that could be planted right beside the crocus is
How Does Your
Garden Grow? Solutions
Back to Puzzling and Perplexing