- Outward Bound
- The well known adventure-education program offers
online samples of their rigorous courses. The adventure
stories are particularly interesting. Of course, you
really can't experience Outward Bound unless you get out
there and do it yourself. So, complete listings of course
locations are also available.
- The Virtual Cave is really cool! If you've
always wanted to climb down into the caverns of the earth,
but never really had the gumption to do so, visit The
Virtual Cave. It's one of the best "virtual" experiences on the Web.
Angeles River Tour
- Isn't the Los Angeles River the punchline to some
joke? Well, it may be, but it's also the subject of an
exciting online tour. Like modern day explorers, you'll
navigate the river from the head waters in the San
Fernando Valley to the mouth of river in Long Beach, over
50 miles away. Don't forget your life jackets!
- Science Fiction / Space Technology: Tools for Learning
- Do you have to teach space science? Would your
students rather watch science fiction movies and
television shows? Now you can do both! Use the Space
Educator's Handbook for ways to use science fiction to
learn science fact.
Wonders of the Ancient World
- Don't just memorize the names of the seven wonders of
the ancient world. Use this online resource to actually
explore each of these amazing and magnificent ancient wonders.
Back to "inQuiry Almanack"