- Earth Science Online Publications
- A large collection of the USGS's earth science publications online. Many are on specific geographic locales that may come up in your inquiries.
- Find Rock Samples for the Classroom
- Terrific, practical tips for finding good samples of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks in your own community, mostly for free!
- Guest Speakers and Field Trips
- This listing features lots of innovative suggestions for possible classroom guests and easy, local field trips.
- USGS Learning Web
- You name it; this site has it. The U.S. Geological Survey created this site dedicated to K-12 education. Click on Geology, and find all sorts of sites related to geologic hazards (earthquakes, volcanoes, and plate tectonics), minerals and fossils (fossils and fossil collecting, prospecting, rocks and minerals and mineral collecting), geologic maps, careers, and much more.
Geologic Map of the Lehigh Valley
- Lehigh University offers this geologic map of the Lehigh Valley which includes information on local features and geologic history.
The Teacher-Friendly Guide to the Geology of Your Region
- The Paleontological Research Institution offers this collection of website links and print resources on the geology of specific states and regions.
- Earth Science Lesson Activities
- The Society of Sedimentary
Geologists maintains this list of lesson activities prepared
by science educators. The grade level appropriateness of the
activities (ranging from lower elementary to high school) is